The Regional Office of the NEDA Secretariat shall serve as the principal technical staff and secretariat of the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee. In addition, the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee, may require its members to provide such technical and other support as may be required for the effective discharge of duties of the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee. The technical staff of the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee shall have the following functions:
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Council and its Committees;
- Upon request, provide technical assistance on planning to local governments and other government agencies in the region;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive management information system;
- Develop a comprehensive program for capability-building for local government officials and personnel as well as other members including NGO members of the Council in the areas of regional, local and town planning, project development; investment programming; monitoring and evaluation; policy coordination; and other areas of interest which are crucial or current to the activities of the Council; and
- Perform such other functions as may be provided by law or as may be assigned by the Chairman.
The NEDA Regional Director, as head of the RDC Secretariat, shall manage the technical, administrative and financial operations of the Council and shall be accountable for the funds and properties of the RDC.