The RDC shall be jointly headed by a Chairman and Co-Chairman appointed by the President. The NEDA Regional Director shall be the ex-officio Vice-Chairman of the RDC. The NEDA Assistant Regional Director shall be the Secretary of the RDC.
The Chairman shall have the following functions, powers and responsibilities:
- Preside over the meetings of the Council, the Executive and the Advisory Committees
- Request any agency, individual member of the Council, sectoral committee or affiliate committee to perform other functions as the Council may deem necessary, provided that such functions are within the mandates of said office;
- Accept, after RDC resolution authorizing him to do so, in behalf of the Council, donations, contributions, grants, bequests or gifts in cash or in kind from RDC members, foreign governments, international offices, private entities, or any individual for purposes relevant to the regional development and submit for approval of the Council a program for its utilization;
- Call the attention of implementing agencies and local government units to implementation problems as identified and deliberated upon by the Council with the end in view of instituting corrective measures;
- Supervise the monitoring of the implementation of major inter-provincial and regionwide development programs, projects and activities;
- When called upon, represent the region in the Cabinet meetings and other activities at the national level;
- Direct the formulation of a comprehensive regional development plan and preparation of a system of investment programming priorities for the region;
- Submit to the President through the NEDA Board regional plans, regional investment programs, annual development reports and other documents on the region as approved by the Council;
- Review, revise and approve all policy recommendations, plans, programs, and projects originating from the Technical Staff before submission to the Council;
- Direct and supervise all activities of the Council; and
- Perform other functions and duties as may be directed by the President.
The Regional Director of the Regional Office of the NEDA Secretariat shall be the Vice Chairman of the Council. His functions shall be as follows:
- Preside over the Council and Executive Committee meetings in the absence of the Chairman and Co-Chairman or the duly designated temporary Chairman;
- Act on matters requiring immediate decision of the Chairman or Co-Chairman in the absence of a duly designated temporary Chairman;
- Perform the day-to-day operations of the Council, in case the position of both the Chairman and the Co-Chairman becomes vacant through resignation, reassignment, removal from office, death and permanent disability, until a new Chairman or Co-Chairman.
- Manage the provision of technical and administrative support to the Council and its Committees;
- Perform other duties which may be assigned to him by the Chairman or Co-Chairman.
The Assistant Regional Director of the regional office of the NEDA Secretariat, or a Division Chief duly designated as Senior Staff-In-Charge of the Office of the Assistant-Regional Director, shall act as the Secretary of the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee. The Secretary shall have the following functions:
- Coordinate the preparation of the agenda of the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee meetings;
- Keep a complete record of all the proceedings of the sessions of the Council the Executive Committee and Advisory Committee meetings;
- Certify to the veracity of all official records and documents of the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee and the Chairman’s signature;
- Keep custody of records of the Council, the Executive Committee and the Advisory Committee;
- Prepare and/ or review all draft Council resolutions; and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned.
The RDC IX is composed of the following members:
- The governors of Zambonga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay;
- The city mayors Dapitan, Dipolog, Isabela, Pagadian and Zamboanga;
- The mayor of Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay;
- The presidents of the provincial league of mayors of Zamboanga Peninsula;
- Private sector representatives (PSRs) who shall comprise one-fourth of the members of the fully-constituted council.
- The regional directors of agencies represented in the National Economic and Development Authority Board (NEDA, DAR, DA, DBM, DENR, DOF-BLGF, DOH, DILG, DOLE, DPWH, DOST, DTI, DOTr, BSP) and the regional directors of DepEd, DWSD, DOT, PMS, TESDA, CHED, DFA, HUDCC, and RMC, provided that each agency shall be represented by only one regional director.
The RDC, subject to the concurrence of majority of its regular members, may designate special non-voting members of the council.
TERM OF OFFICE
The Chairman, Co-Chairman and the private sector representatives shall serve in the Council for a fixed term of three years coinciding with the regular term of local elective officials. This prescribed term of office is without prejudice to reappointment.