RDC shall create an Advisory Committee to advise, assist and support the Council in discharging its functions.
- Congressional representatives of the region who have signified their intention to join; and
- The members of the RDC IX Executive Committee
The Chairman, the Co-Chairman, the Vice Chairman and the Secretary of the RDC shall also serve as the ex-officio Chairman, Co-Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary of the Advisory Committee.
The following are its specific functions:
- Advise in the preparation of the Regional Development Plan and the Regional Development Investment Programs and support their implementation;
- Advise agency regional offices, state colleges and universities and special development authorities in the preparation of their annual budgets; and
- Advise and support policy recommendations that need legislation and/ or action of the President or the Cabinet.